Friday, April 23, 2010

Fabulously Fun Friday ~ The Shining (Recut)

The feel-good family-friendly romantic comedy called... The Shining. (Or, how a good recut can completely change how you see something familiar.)

Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. This is so awesome!!! I love it.

  2. Thanks, Kathan. Glad you enjoyed it on this Friday morning.

    I've seen a bunch of these mashups and recuts, but this is my favorite of the lot. (I'm especially delighted that it features a writer.)

  3. Just another example of what editing can do, eh?

    Uh oh. Since I've started writing so much, I'm finding myself sympathetic/empathetic with Jack Nicholson's character in The Shining.

    Now, THAT'S scary!

    Thanks for a good laugh.

  4. That's great! The feel-good movie of the year! Amazing what editing can do.

  5. Methinks this is significantly funnier if you've seen the movie first. :p

  6. A funny twist on a classic. "Redrum!"

  7. HAHAHA! I love the Salsbury Hill in the background. Not to mention, how they make the make-out session with a corpse look romantic.

  8. Ha! That is the BEST! And too coincidental. I watched The Shining a few weeks ago (hadn't seen it in years). I would've never imagined a positive spin could be placed on that movie.

    Can you imagine showing this to someone who has never watched the actual movie, and then let them watch the real thing? :D