Wednesday, May 12, 2010

AC's Anniversary is Almost Here!

AuthorCulture's first anniversary is May 31! About this time last year, I invited Katie and Lynnette to join me in this venture, then did a series of cartwheels around the house when they agreed. We bounced ideas all over cyberspace and held meetings in the Christianwriters.com chat room where we each typed so furiously, it's a wonder we knew what was going on at all. It was the equivalent of everyone talking at once, but it worked.

We came up with some pretty good ideas, and judging from how quickly we've grown, our readers seem to think so too. If I had my way, I'd give a $25 gift certificate to each our 281 readers (as of this date). But since I'm not related to Donald Trump or anyone else in the Fortune 500, we'll have to settle for a drawing. Keep an eye out for May 31 to see if you're the lucky winner of a B&N gift certificate!

We've been running a survey, too, looking for ways we can improve our site. Out of all our readers, we have only thirteen responses. These thirteen folks really love our writing tips (92.3% consider them to be their absolute favorite). Most of them (63.7%) aren't too crazy about the writing contests, so we won't be having them anymore. Also, about 63.6% of them put guest posts on the bottom of their lists, so we won't have quite as many of them.

Of course, if you don't agree with how this tiny group responded, you can fill out the survey yourself! It only takes a few seconds and is open until May 28th.

You, our readers, are valuable to us. I wish there were a better way to show our appreciation, but just know that Johne, Lynnette, Katie and I feel truly blessed that you take time to read our posts and leave comments.

Thank you!
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. I offer all of you pre-anniversary congratulations; you've all done "real good!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already filled out the survey, but I do enjoy the writing contests! (Maybe because I won one... ;)) It's a good way to get your creative juices flowing on a tight schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you two!

    Liberty--maybe we'll do an annual contest. Surely we can get away with it if we don't do it too often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We SOOOO appreciate all our readers - you all are the BEST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a year! Can't believe that anniversary is approaching so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, AC. May this next year be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have missed the survey thing, I'll do that right now so I don't forget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lorna!
    And thank you too, MJ--I appreciate your taking the survey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!

    Survey? You're taking a survey? [hunts all over for the poll thingy] Oh, all that bold writing in pink that I've managed to ignore for I don't know how long. [hangs head in embarrassment] Done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! I'm so excited for you. This best news is how you've grown! Congratulations, but you all deserve it. Have the best anniversary ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, thanks for your comment and for taking the survey!

    Aggie, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete