Friday, August 20, 2010

De-Verbalized

If lawyers can be disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that...

Electricians can be delighted,
musicians denoted,
cowboys deranged,
models deposed,
laundry workers could decrease,
eventually becoming depressed and depleted,
bedmakers would be debunked,
baseball players will be debased,
landscapers will be deflowered,
bulldozer operators will be degraded,
organ donors will be delivered,
software engineers will be detested,
garment workers will be debriefed,
and song writers will eventually decompose.

On a more positive note, politicians could be devoted.

Now I wonder if…

A flirt can be decoyed
a clerk defiled
a newly married woman dismissed
when Mickey retired from baseball, was his team dismantled
you lose your Grateful Dead ticket, you are disconcerted
a guy from Copenhagen loses citizenship, he is disdained
a pig loses his voice, he's disgruntled
they kick you out of the club, you're dismembered
you cut your hair, you're distressed

As for me, I can get into my Honda again, so I'm not derided-and since I had no Winter Olympic sledding aspirations, I wouldn't care if I were deluged...(and fortunately, my recent accident didn't involve amputation, so I haven't been defeated)....

Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. Loved this! Wonderful play on words. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely known some deranged cowboys! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love the play on words. Wish I was smart enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indigo, Sylvia, glad you liked it. I don't know who to credit it to, but I thought it was hilarious.

    Katie, Ditto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I will never be able to say debriefed again, without laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Oh, this is too funny! I loved it! Thanks, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynnette--that was my favorite, too.

    Lynn--Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I'll never look at the English language the same again. Loved the post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOOO funny! I just love how flexible the English language is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulously fun and thought-provoking word play!

    Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
    Ruthi

    ReplyDelete