Friday, August 13, 2010

Fabulously Fun Friday: Worst Self-Help Titles

This bit of inspired lunacy is from the ever-entertaining Slushpile Hell blog. These titles were submitted via Twitter for a contest (and the peasants rejoiced).

@alexandradonald: He’s Just Way Too into You: Learning to Love Your Stalker

@thxithink: The 12 Steps to Overcoming Your Fear of Stairs

@Billjonesjr: Mensa for Dummies

@cathy_bryan: How to Text and Drive Faster: The Last Self Help Book You’ll Ever Need

@NovelistCindy: Crushing Dreams and Cashing In: How to Become a Literary Agent

@WritingAgain: The Fine Art of Overreacting: How to Make Your Coworkers Fear and Shun You

@KatieAlender: The Arrr of War: The Pirate’s Guide to Victory in Battle, Business, and Life

@Figmentfiction: No, No. YOU’RE Right. You’re ALWAYS Right: How to Be More Passive Aggressive

@DeadlyAccurate: Breaking His Spirit: The Nagging Wife’s Guide To The Perfect Husband

@carpediem1991: Eat, Pray, Love, Eat, Pray, Love, Eat, Pray, Love: How to Overcome an OCD.

And the winner:
@TheresaMarieP: A Hypochondriac’s Guide to the REAL Diseases You Need to Worry about and Their Symptoms

These are just some of the entries. Do yourself a favor and catch the entire list at Slushpile Hell.
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

13 comments:

  1. How funny! I can't decide which one I like best, but Mensa for Dummies ranks right up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were funny...and then I went over to the source site and got a really good laugh for six pages of posts! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Oh, these are too funny! I'm with Linda. I love the Mensa one. Thanks for sharing these, Johne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single one of these had me cracking up, but that first one is hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a fun post!
    "He’s Just Way Too into You: Learning to Love Your Stalker" is a total hoot!
    Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. :D Way too funny! My fav: The 12 Steps to Overcoming Your Fear of Stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made me laugh. Maybe I should hang out on Twitter a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this is just the best thing I've read all day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! These are hysterical! My favorite: the texting one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! How to Text and Drive Faster: The Last Self Help Book You’ll Ever Need. That cracked me up! Also the Mensa for Dummies. These are great, John. :)

    ReplyDelete