Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Snow Day, by Billy Coffey

Before he appeared in the "Breaking In" segment of Writer's Digest (November/December 2010 issue, page 18), debut author/philosopher Billy Coffey showed up here in AuthorCulture for a two-day interview event (Part One and Part Two).

And I got to review his book!

By law, I have to reveal that the publisher, Faith Words, provided a book for me in return for a review. But the truth is, I was half-way through the copy I bought before the freebie ever entered my mailbox. I was that anxious to read it.

This means I have an extra copy to share! If you leave a comment, you'll be eligible to win this inspiring novel in a drawing to be held at the end of the week.

Snow Day rolls the wisdom of Max Lucado and charm of Norman Rockwell into one reflective novel. Peter Boyd is facing a pre-Christmas lay-off from the best paying job he can get in his small Virginia town. His snow day couldn't have come at a better time. He needs to think, evaluate, learn. And God has lessons for him. Eye-opening, stirring life lessons that offer hope, faith, and promise, all delivered through some very enchanting, quirky characters.

A man who rests in the security of God's guidance can face the worst with optimism. If the readers get nothing more from Billy's novel than that simple tenet, they will come away full.
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

20 comments:

  1. Linda,

    Your words compel me to hope to win, but long before I read YOUR review, I wanted a copy! Based on reading Billy's online thoughts...and what EVERYONE is saying about Snow Day, I'm not too shy to beg (although that's rather unbecoming ;) ).

    In any event, thanks for offering the copy and I'll keep my fingers crossed! :)

    (Not sure if you can access my email via my Typepad profile, so not intending to be presumptuous, I'll include my email just...in...case...! :) pensieve.me at gmail)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great review! I've been wanting to read this for a while, and this review just made me want to read it more! I'm looking forward to reading more reviews!

    Keeping my fingers crossed :)

    countrygirl922@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review for Billy's book! I clicked on all the links and re-read the amazing journey he has walked with GOD. Being a mom/grandma, I believe there is much joy in their hearts knowing Billy seeks to follow GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love reading about Billy-boy! I think he's my favorite story-teller! It's been a "Snow Day" at my house for a while but I haven't had a chance to jump in it yet! Can't wait! Thanks, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was excited to see Snow Day in Writer's Digest! How wonderful for Billy. Haven't read it yet, but it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book has been on my To Read list for a while. I'd love to win a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the sample chapter Billy posted online, and it made me want to read more. I'd love to win the copy so I can read it, review it on my blog and then donate it to my church library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a new friend who is experiencing some troubles and this sounds like it might be a salve to her soul. Put my name in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good book. Please enter my name. I appreciate AuthorCulture so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great review. I can't wait to read the book and hope I win it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comments! I wish I had enough copies to give away to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Linda. Snow Day is a wonderful read and perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit. A much needed shot of hope in some pretty shaky times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pretty lucky these days. I'd love to read Billy's book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Linda and K.M. for a wonderful review, and thanks everyone for the great comments. Hope you all enjoy the book, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lind,was it a great review? I didn't expect anything less from you. Some call me the poster boy for hope, faith and promise. That said, your review jumped off the page at me, a bit curious myself with my glass half full I can't wait to read Billy's book. Am I lucky? Not at all, however fortunately Blessed. So here's my fingers crossed XX,and not behind my back either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds excellent. Can I drink coffee while reading?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to win the book but will check it out from the library or buy my own copy if I don't!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need this before the snow days

    ReplyDelete
  19. After the past several stressful months in the family/job area, it sounds like just the thing needed here... nice quiet encouraging moments while reading ...

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Since it snowed today here in NW Kansas, Snow Day sounds like just what I need to read! Having some uncertainty in my own job/life right now, the fresh reminder of resting in God's security would be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete