Monday, January 17, 2011

Resource Roundup: Tracking Notes and To-Do Lists

This month's roundup is designed to help you with taking and tracking lists and notes. A good writer will have a collection of great tools. Some of my favorites are on this list of lists and list apps.

Evernote
Evernote is a free, cross-platform universal capture application. With support for text, images, audio, tagging, and syncing between its web interface and all of your desktop installations, Evernote offers seamless capturing of information no matter where you are. The free version of Evernote provides 40MB per month of upload space. If you need more capacity, you can get 500 MB for $5 / month. Evernote works like a breeze on a variety of smartphones. I've tested it myself on both iPhone and Android, a powerful and amazing service.




Gubb
Gubb is a lightweight but intuitive list application that focuses on capturing and organizing all of your lists. gubb is for any and all the lists you can think of: from every day shopping and to-do lists to wishlists, brainstorming notes, personal goals, group projects and more. Just about as easy as jotting something down on paper, only better. You'll always know where your lists are; you can edit and organize them any time; and you can share with friends and co-workers in seconds.

Joe's Goals
Joe's Goals is a simple yet powerful web-based goal-minder to make tracking your goals the easiest part of accomplishing them. Use the simple single page interface to setup daily goals and track them with just a click. Watch your daily score to gage your success and use negative goals (or vices) to confront and overcome bad habits that finally need to get the boot. Share your success with your friends and family or post your personal score badge to your blog or MySpace page. Add as many Goals as you want and update them all from a single interface.

Nutshell
Nutshell helps you search the web, take notes, and manage your to-do list quickly and easily.

Remember the Milk
One of the most popular to-do list trackers, RTM sports powerful integration with e-mail (such as Gmail and Microsoft Outlook), SMS, most IM clients, and Twitter. It also integrates seamlessly with a number of powerful Google services.

Ta-da List
Ta-da List is the web's easiest to-do list tool. Make lists for yourself or share them with others. And it's free.

ToDo
For Apple fans, I recommend ToDo. Todo is a powerful set of tools that makes task management simple and fun. Use Todo on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, keep your tasks synchronized using Todo Online, a new cloud sync service for tasks, and even access your tasks on your desktop in iCal or Outlook. Todo helps you focus on what matters most and allows you to integrate the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology or your own.
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like I need all of the above!! Thanks for this, I shall bookmark, come back and take notes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence that you would post this today. I just discovered Evernote over the weekend and started using it. I love it. It's coming in so handy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! I stumbled upon Cozi, which allows me to set up a calendar and send email/text reminders to those who need a reminder. It has a to-do list feature, as well as an online journal to share with family. Love this tool! It's keeping my family organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Evernote downloaded forever, but have never gotten around to making time to figure it out. Need to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Evernote at work and at home, on Mac and on Windows, on my iPod Touch, on my Droid Incredible Android phone. It's a lifesaver.

    Katie, when I'm out and about and see a topic I'd like to write about for AC, I highlight the section (or entire post), do Windows+A to launch Evernote, tag the post AuthorCulture AC, sometimes FFF, sometimes other things. I found my notes for this post in Evernote under AuthorCulture AC and Resources. I have a growing and never-ending collection of things to go to when I need ideas or to jog my memory. It's an absolute boon for folks like me with ADD. I don't have to remember which link or which site I saw something, I just go to Evernote and do a quick search. It's like have my memory in the Cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johne, thanks for this! I've been "organizing" myself on scrap paper forever. These seem like great alternatives--particularly Evernote. I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete