Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shameless Plug

In a post last year, I made the announcement that I was taking Give the Lady a Ride on the publication trail. Well, guess what?!

It's getting published!

The debut date was moved up several months from October 2011 to March 2011, so you can imagine how much I'm scrambling to get my marketing plan up and running.

For those who don't know, Ride is about a New York socialite getting a lesson in faith and love from the back of a bull, and about the handsome cowboy who helps her learn. The book was as fun to research as it was to write. I interviewed a former bull rider at his ranch near Madisonville, Texas. Now he runs a land and cattle company, but when I pulled off the highway on a whim and asked for an interview, he ran a full-fledged rodeo ranch. He answered all my questions and even invited me back to watch them "buck the babies," when one- to three-year-old bull calves get to show their strength and agility. Of course, I went--and came back sunburned and full of ideas. It was great.

Like I said though, right now I'm working on my marketing plan, and part of that plan is a give-away I'm having on my other site, 777 Peppermint Place. If you're interested in contemporary Western romance and would like a chance to win some great prizes (here's the shameless plug part), visit my other site every Wednesday! I'll have a different prize each week until the book debuts March 14th!
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. Congratulations, Linda. Living the dream, eh?

  2. Thanks, Johne! Living the dream? Funny how my dreams seem to skip over the marketing/promotion part!

  3. Speaking of 'living the dream,' this week's Fabulously Funny Friday post will address the dream of being a writer versus the reality. Stay tuned!

  4. I'm so excited for you, Linda! Can't wait to watch this whole adventure unfold.

    @Phy: *is intrigued*

  5. So excited for you, Linda! I knew this one was going to get picked up! It's a great story.

    Phy, sounds interesting! :D

  6. Thank you, thank you! I'm so excited!

    Johne--can't wait til Friday!

  7. Congratulations Linda. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

  8. And congratulations from me as well, Linda. Will pray for a successful marketing strategy/plan....

  9. Congratulations, Linda! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I'm so excited for you! :)

  10. Thanks, everyone!

    Cecilia Marie--thank you so much for your prayers. I feel like I'm in uncharted territory here!