Friday, March 4, 2011

Top Twenty Best Oxymorons

#20 Found missing
#19 Resident alien
#18 Airline food
#17 Same difference
#16 Government organization
#15 Sanitary landfill
#14 Alone together
#13 Business ethics
#12 Sweet sorrow
#11 Military intelligence
#10 Plastic glasses
# 9 Terribly pleased
# 8 Definite Maybe
# 7 Pretty Ugly
# 6 Computer Security
# 5 Political science
# 4 Diet ice cream
# 3 Working vacation
# 2 Exact estimate
# 1 Microsoft Works

Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

17 comments:

  1. Hah! The top one and the bottom one got the biggest chuckles from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "working vacation." I'll be living that oxymoron in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about 'free gift?' That's one you see a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! These are good. Since I did so much flying when I was younger, "Airline Food" cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. microsoft works and working vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard Hawkeye joke about "military intelligence" on M*A*S*H. What about a "little problem"? Or a "white lie"?

    FYI, "free gift" is a redundancy, not an oxymoron.

    ~ VT

    ReplyDelete
  7. You forgot "objective journalism" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bruce--That's the ultimate oxymoron!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #18, #16, #13 ROFL! #1 LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always liked Jumbo Shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You forgot "good grief!"

    @Amber: I like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha Airline food is my favorite. I mean, favorite oxymoron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favourites:

    Civil engineer
    Youth culture

    and the very best ...
    Fun run

    ReplyDelete