Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Power of Words

Samuel Clemens once said, "The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." How right he was.

There are many authors I admire who have such a talent for creating powerful scenes and scenarios. Ones that speak to the inner person and can bring about change. And isn't that what we are all about as writers? Don't we want to get our world view out there? Convince others to see things the way we see them? Why would we write, otherwise?

We need to take time then, to study our craft, learn as much as we can about it, immerse ourself in education and application. And then be willing educators of those who come behind.

That's what we here at AuthorCulture are all about. We're still learning, still growing, still studying, but in the mean time we're passing on what we know to our faithful blog readers. We hope you are blessed, even as many of you have blessed us through the power of your words in your books or on your blogs. God bless you all. As we wind down another year here at AuthorCulture and I look back on the road we've traveled, I see how much I've learned in the two years, since we started. Much of that learning came from my fellow bloggers, Katie, Linda and Johne, but a lot of it also came from our readers, so thank you!

I hope you and I will never become weary of growing into better writers! And as we grow, may we then be a blessing in the lives of others.

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. I love this video. So beautiful.

  2. Aw, you made me cry. That was so sweet!

  3. Love that Clemens quote. Love this video.

  4. One of the treasures of growing as a writer is the lifelong learning. It seems that no two workshops, blogs, or presentations on the aspects of writing are alike. I always come away with something new when I open myself to learn.