Friday, May 27, 2011

Joseph Finder's Odd Dog

Joseph Finder's Buried Secrets releases June 21, but I'm one of the lucky few who won a pre-release copy on Goodreads. My first Finder book was Company Man, a novel I not only enjoyed reading, but also learned from, so you can imagine how excited I was to win this one.

Joe does his research, something I've harped about a few times on this site. In Buried Secrets, he went above and beyond when it came to prepping for this novel (something I'll discuss with him in interview on June 22), but he also did some of the little piddlin' stuff to provide some novelty--like a dog he mentions only once (at least so far--I'm not through with the book yet).

Get this: He wanted a homely dog, so he cruised the net and found a crossbred Shar-Pei/English Mastiff. Just so you can get an idea~~~

This:

English Mastiff

Plus This:

Chinese Shar-Pei

Equals That:

Shar-Pei-English Mastiff

Oh, my!!!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think I'll stick with my black Lab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty is only skin deep, even in animals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one reminds me of a cartoon character from years back. Warner Bros? Hannah Barbera? I wish I could remember. Didn't have much of a speaking part . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. A face only a mother could love. Of course, I can't actually "see" my puppy-dog's face under all her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one ugly dog! :) Poor Honey.

    ReplyDelete