Monday, November 28, 2011

Resource Roundup

Since getting published, I've been on the look-out for things that will help increase traffic at my different sites and pages. So I was excited to find Pagemodo. This site is for the sole purpose of creating exciting fan pages on Facebook. And it has free templates!

Along the same lines, Simply Amusing Design Studio does the same thing, but for a fee. This company provides several other services as well, such as:

  • Web Design & Development
  • Facebook Design & Development
  • Facebook Business Development
  • Marketing Strategy Development
  • Blog Design & Development
  • Branding & Identity
  • Newsletters & Brochures
  • SEO & Copywriting
  • Social Media Training
  • WordPress Training

  • Suzanne Woods Fisher used them to design her fan page. I chose Pagemodo for Give the Lady a Ride. It was amazingly easy to use, and allowed links to other sites (like Amazon!) along with the images you upload.

    For free designs for your Twitter home page, try Twitr Backgrounds. They also will create custom designs. But, honestly, I'm on the lookout for something better. Know of one?

    I also found an interesting post about advertising tools and results. In contrast to my own analysis of pay-per-click ads (on Goodreads and Facebook), I found this one, written by Laura Pepper Wu, who probably did a better job of running her ad campaign than I did. She also includes an analysis of ads purchased on search engines, like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. You may find her conclusions interesting!

    Add to Technorati Favorites
    Bookmark and Share


    1. Hey, that's great! I haven't been by your FB page since I first "liked" it, but it looks super spiffy. As someone who's moderately competent in coding and other web- and design-related stuff, let me just say that FB is *nasty* when it comes to modifying profile stuff. Anything that makes it easier has got to be an improvement.

    2. Thanks for the info, Linda. I've heard of PageModo, just haven't taken the time to go used them yet. Your page looks great.