Monday, October 24, 2011

Resource Roundup

There are several books I use a LOT when I find myself stuck. Three are by writing master Sol Stein: Stein On Writing: A Master Editor of Some of the Most Successful Writers of Our Century Shares His Craft Techniques and Strategies; How to Grow a Novel: The Most Common Mistakes Writers Make and How to Overcome Them; and Sol Stein's Reference Book for Writers: Part 1: Writing, Part 2: Publishing. All three are invaulable treasure troves of great information.

Another one (and trust me on the title) is Telling Lies for Fun & Profit by Lawrence Block and Sue Grafton. Howlingly funny and packed with good info, both of these writers are masters of the suspense/mystery genre, and most of the articles are reprints of Block's work he did years ago for Witers Digest.

Enjoy!
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to find "Telling Lies for Fun and Profit." I love that title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have read Lawrence Block's book. Anyway, I know I read one of his books on the craft and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete