Friday, February 17, 2012

FFF: What Would You Say Ya DO Here?

Neil Gaiman answers a troubling, age-old question that all writers wrestle with. (Bonus geek points if you get the reference in the subject line.)

Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. Such a very true observation...

    But he forgot the part where then everyone wants you to read their half-written script/story/short story.

    Maybe we should all just say we're dental hygenists and save ourselves the trouble.

  2. Oh, but the glazed look in people's eyes is just so much fun!

  3. This was priceless. Loved it. (And Keaghan's comment about someone wanting you to read their manuscript!) I also like the line, "I've always wanted to write a book. Is it hard?"

  4. Good points. Sad that common courtesy is lacking in some individuals. It is very rude to ask free services of any professional, but it happens to all types of professionals: doctors, lawyers, writers - even florists.
    When I was still owned my shop, I was in the doctor's office for my annual exams, and found myself writing down a floral order during the exam... Anyway, great comments. All one can do is shake your head and move on...

  5. I give up - what's the subject line reference? The Office?

  6. Dental Hygenist - that would be a conversation stopper - although I have a nice one :)

    Write stuff - good point - that's what writers do - people want more specific details, but truthfully, writers write.

    I would be afraid to ask someone to look at my MS, that would be rude. But I sometimes hope someone would ask me to show them stuff :)

    Have a blessed day.