Friday, October 26, 2012

Steven Brust's Priceless Moment
This anecdote requires minimal setup. Steven Brust is an author known for his cool stuff writing philosophy. His editor at Tor is the legendary Teresa Nielsen Hayden. They had the following exchange at this year's Viable Paradise writers' workshop:

SB: Teresa, have you ever noticed that knitting is a lot like literary criticism?
TNH (staring): Yes, but how does a non-knitter know that?
SB: I just assumed.
This exchange says everything you need to know about Steve and about Teresa (and why I love SF/F authors and editors).
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. Wow, that's exactly how I feel about tennis.

  2. I've been a fan of Brust's since his first paperback, Jhereg, turned up on the shelves of my local grocery store (back when they used to sell physical SF/F books). He's an interesting character who sees things in fascinating ways. And he's very gracious, to boot.