Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "series" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye.

Yes, I'm heading out, as well. On Monday, Lynnette posted her farewell message and it seems like a good time for me to take a step back and take stock of my writing future. I'm got some opportunities lined up but need more creative bandwidth to really do them justice. I try not to pick up a new passion or past-time without letting something else lapse, a balance thing.

I've really enjoyed being a part of the AuthorCulture team, and have thoroughly enjoyed sharing some of the genre side of things. I got to interview some really cool people. I've learned a lot and shared a lot and I'll continue to be a reader of the blog.

So, thanks, ya'll (but don't go anywhere without your towel).
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. I'm excited for you and your new ventures, Johne. We'll miss you here, but wish you all the best with everything you do!

  2. Aww, the old gang's fading fast! :( Sorry to see you go Johne. I've always enjoyed your outside-the-box posts.