Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fine With Vine

My wonderful agent, Terry Burns of Hartline Literary Agency, recently forwarded his clients a link to Book Marketing Buzz Blog. Here's a quote from the article:

"Authors should view themselves like media outlets.  You are a brand and that book must be published in all formats and promoted on all platforms.  The days are dwindling when a print-only book can be promoted on outlets that run reviews and conduct interviews.  You need to promote that book with audio, video, print, digital, excerpts, guest posts, byline articles, reviews, interviews, stories, tweets—and every imaginable media."

(Here's the entire article:

The part of the article that caught my attention was the mention of the Vine app. Vine is a mobile app owned by Twitter that enables its users to create and post short video clips. "Vines" can be posted to Facebook and Twitter, or viewed in the Vine app feed. All six of my young adult children have it. One silly, humorous, six-second video after another. Sometimes the content is not so nice. Much like Facebook, you can follow people, "like" and use tags to draw viewers. During the holidays, I sat with my kids to try and get to know it. How could I promote my book with Vine? I watched many of the short clips and took the brief tutorial.

A couple hours and a few google searches  later, I think I got the hang of it. Here's an article with book promotion ideas on Vine.

I've enlisted my pretty young daughter to be the star of my first book promotion Vine. I'll let you know how it goes. By the way, Happy New Year!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. Jody, I remember seeing Terry's email about that, but didn't follow through at the time. Thanks for posting the link here. It might come in handy!

  2. Sure, Linda, now if I could just get my daughter to sit down long enough, lol.