Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: Chapel Springs Revival

Get your giggle-box oiled up and ready to rumble, 'cause Chapel Springs Revival is going to put it to good use. Patsy Kowalski and Claire Bennett are well on their way into the "unforgettable character" category for folks who love humorous women's fiction.

Take two artsy women, give them two neglectful spouses, and watch the antics unfold. Add to the mix a cleavage-showin' hussy who's unhappy with her husband and looking for a new one--anyone's husband will do--and you have a story that's uproariously funny.

Beneath the humor is a story all women of a certain age can appreciate, one that shares the insecurities of being involved in a marriage that has become too comfortable. Stagnant, maybe? Has he lost interest? How to rekindle the fire?

Many marriages of length go through this season. Many women suffer through the doubts. We look in our mirrors and see someone who wasn't there twenty years ago. We worry that his silence, his absences, his distraction are all because of our spreading hips, wrinkling skin, and graying hair. How many times are we worrying over nothing?

Ane's novel explores that question with humor and finesse. Definitely a winner.



Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

  1. You've made my day, Linda! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank *you* for writing such a terrific book!

      Delete
  2. I'm reading this right now! It's so good! (and just because one of the characters is named Bev did NOT sway me.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for the day my name gets to be in someone's book. :D

      Delete
  3. I like to giggle so this may be the novel for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get a kick out of it, Terra. I hope you put it on your list.

      Delete
  4. Beverly, I'm delighted to like it! And Terra, I think it's a perfect book if you like to giggle. I sure do. And I love to make people laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I am a Dee & my names in there too, I shook my head & smiled at all that Patsy could get herself into.. A fun read! ! :)

    ReplyDelete