Monday, December 29, 2014

Growing Christan Writers/Sharing the Gospel

     FaithWriters.com is one of the most beneficial resources in my writing journey. The site claims that it is "The #1 Site for Christian Writers on the Web. FaithWriters is an encouraging COMMUNITY of writers. A great place to learn and grow in a SAFE, CARING environment. I wholeheartedly agree.

     The benefits of membership are huge. I will highlight a few of the features here, but please take a look at the site for the full scope of offerings.  www.faithwriters.com

      The Silver membership (free) includes free posting of articles that can be made available to readers from 225 countries, critiques and feedback, two excellent writing courses, and valuable interaction with other Christian writers from across the globe.

     The Gold  membership ($65 per year or $5.41 per month). The top benefit of this membership (and the Platinum) includes the Weekly Writing Challenge. I absolutely love the Writing Challenge. It has been such good practice writing to a theme and with a 750 word count limit. Winners are announced each week and there is money involved in the prizes. Top winners are included in anthologies published by Breath of Fresh Air Press. It has been such a kick for this novice in the business to sign contracts for publication when one of my stories places high. The feedback and critiques of these challenges are so encouraging and beneficial.

     The Platinum membership ($120 per year or $10.00 per month) includes the Writing Challenge, 12 free writing courses, free portfolio builder, free listing of two books in the FaithWriter Store and advertisements, Annual Page Turner Contest, and Best of the Best Contest.

This is one of my favorite things about FaithWriters.com. Jesus

If you take the time to peruse the website, you'll see that I've barely scratched the surface. This resource may be something you want to include in your writing life for 2015. 





Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. I agree. It is a busy site. It takes some time to get use to it but once you understand it then the benefits begin. Encourage writers to join their blog too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Chris. You're right, it's quite a busy site, but worth the look see. The blog is awesome, and a great suggestion. Thanks and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I was not aware of the site. I belong to another Christian Writer's site, but have never found my niche or community on that site. I'll take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd like it, Jimmie. It would be a great outlet for your short stories, with lots of feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Membership" is right - I regret I had a bad experience there. I had an exchange with one of the head guys in 2007 about private messages being addressed to me that I couldn't read unless I paid a membership fee. He was unsympathetic to my query. The exchange left a bad taste in my mouth. I asked him to cancel my account and I've not been back since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not still be a member. I know lots of people who love the place but I also had some experiences that left me rather put out. But I'm glad for the people who are excited and benefit. Same with another big group I left this year--big business model and very little support for those outside the inner sanctum.

      Delete