Friday, February 27, 2015

When Night Comes by Dan Walsh

Product Details
I should have known better than to pick up a Dan Walsh book before starting Thanksgiving Dinner. The pages had to be turned, frozen turkey notwithstanding. 

Why is Jack Turner, a successful author of military history, suddenly having very real "back in time" nightmares? These dreams coincide with his return to Culpepper to give a series of lectures for his old history professor, who by the way, is acting very strange.

Throw in several student deaths on campus,  investigated by Detective Joe Boyd who doesn't agree with the natural causes report, and a hired hit man with no conscience, plus a little romance, and Thanksgiving Dinner takes a backseat. I mean, what would you do if you fell asleep in your rented apartment,  but woke up on Pearl Harbor half an hour before, oh wait, don't want to spoil it.

The heart pounding pace grabbed me from the very beginning with strong characters and believable dialogue. The tension and intrigue reminded me of The Bourne Identity. And speaking of the big screen, where I'd love to see this story, Dan Walsh proves it can be done without sex scenes and profanity. This story ran me breathless all the way to the exciting and satisfying ending. I highly recommend this book.

Dan Walsh is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than a dozen novels including The Unfinished Gift, The Discovery and What Follows After. His books have been highly reviewed by USA Today and in magazines such as Publishers Weekly, RT Book Reviews and Library Journal. Dan lives and writes in the Daytona Beach area with his wife, Cindi. They have 2 grown children and 3 grandchildren.
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share


  1. Great review! It sounds interesting. I may have to read it.

  2. Thanks Jody. Loved the review. Thought I'd let your readers know. Doing a 4-day special on the book starting today, thru Monday. Only 99 cents on Kindle, free on Kindle Unlimited. Here's the link:

  3. Great, Dan:) glad you stopped by.

  4. Jody, it sounds like my kind of book! I'll be reading it...