Monday, December 7, 2015

Is It Just Me?

Google Free Images
Lately I've been reflecting on my calling as a writer in light of the world chaos we are experiencing right now. Sometimes I think, "What is the use of writing my stories in the wake of such tragedy, uncertainty, confusion, and fear?"

I've wondered if my calling has changed. Should I change to a more serious genre? Should I just ditch it all and become a full out missionary at home or abroad? My writer's imagination has me on the street corner with a big sign that says THE END IS NEAR. Schaeffer's book, and several others with a similar title, comes to mind, How Shall We Then Live?

Three true things minister to my thoughts:

1. The Holy Spirit still leads and guides me in my writing. I'll just keep doing what I feel called to do until I sense a change of direction.

2. I can still have an impact for God in the genre I'm writing because the Father has control of the outcome, not me. I must remain diligent, prayerful, and obedient to write what He puts on my heart.

3. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8 In this uncertain world, we have a foundation and anchor that will never fail. We can keep on keeping on in confidence.

I'm recommitting myself today to my calling, and praying for all of us as we write.
Google Free Images

Is it just me?
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Thanks,Jody. Sometimes we all need to just step back and take a breath and a breather. Praying for each other is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete