Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Just Thinking

Google Free Images
In the spirit of the new year, and echoing Liberty Spieidel's awesome post about goals, I share one of my favorite quotes. My husband is fond of asking, "How do you eat an elephant?" Answer: "One bite at a time."

I love that because really, we just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other, or in our case, one word after another and another and another. One bite, or word, at a time. Just, well, just write!

After my first book came out, I got caught up in social media marketing and networking. Yep, it's got to be done. After a time I realized that I wasn't getting much writing done. As a writer with a full time "other" job, my writing time is limited. But I've decided when I'm going to do it and pray for unwavering faithfulness to that block of time. Every morning - one word after another and another and another.

We can't edit or submit something that hasn't been written. We can't improve our skills if we don't write, write, write. Writers write, right? First and foremost. The only other thing more important in my writing life is praying for direction about what I'm writing.

What say you?

Have a happy, blessed, and productive 2016. Jody
Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely right. One word at a time.

    I wonder if elephant tastes like chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope so, lol. Happy New Year, Linda!

      Delete