Friday, July 22, 2016

CHASING FRANCIS ~ A Pilgram's Tale

https://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Francis-Ian-Morgan-Cron/dp/0310336694/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469189511&sr=8-1&keywords=chasing+francis+a+pilgrim%27s+tale

Book Blurb: What happens when the pastor of a mega-church loses his faith? Pastor Chase Falson has lost his faith in God, the Bible, evangelical Christianity, and his super-sized mega-church. When he falls apart the church elders tell him to go away; as far away as possible. Join Chase on his life-changing journey to Italy where, with a curious group of Franciscan friars, he struggles to resolve his crisis of faith by retracing the footsteps of Francis of Assisi, a saint whose simple way of loving Jesus changed the history of the world. Read this riveting story and then begin your own life-changing journey through the pilgrim's guide in this powerful novel.

My Review:  I don't know that Francis of Assisi actually changed the history of the world, but he certainly added to it, and after reading this book I was changed. I am a better person for having read Chasing Francis.

Most of us have at one time in our lives a crisis of faith that causes us to search deeper. We may be surrounded by those who do not want the waters disturbed, and they tell us so. But we have to have answers. In this season of pursuit, our eyes are opened beyond brick and mortar walls and we see the pain and suffering of those outside. Suddenly the masses have faces. This was what resonated with me when I read this book. It also made me curious about St. Francis and I also read about this loving, humble, man of God.

Ian Cron's novel grabbed me immediately and he took me on a journey. I was there in his story  emotionally and mentally. The only time I broke from it was to take a note on something I wanted to think about or pray about in my own life. His Franciscan characters are lively, engaging, and some on the church board I wanted to slap. Like I said, I was there!

Summer is hot and muggy. So be nice to yourself, get something cool to drink, and enjoy the journey with Chasing Francis


http://iancron.com/

Ian Morgan Cron is an author, speaker, Episcopal priest, and retreat guide. In addition to writing and speaking, Ian is an adjunct priest at Christ Church in Greenwich, Connecticut and a doctoral student at Fordham University where he is studying Christian Spirituality.



Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Linda, what a great book! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. This is now on my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read it twice! I love books that I enjoy the second time as much as I did the first!

    ReplyDelete